Preaching to the Choir

These are some sermons, but mostly lectionary discussions. It also has prayers for some Sundays.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thought for the Day

Thought for the day:
2/28/2007
A humble talent that is used is worth more than one of genius that is idle.

Scripture for the day Matthew 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Prayer for the day Lord, would that we too would hear those words from you, "Well done, thou good and faithful servant." Would that we would be using the talents you have given us, and not be idle. And would that you would develop in us the few that seem lesser than the others or weaker. Accept our humble gifts to you, Lord. Forgive us when we say "I am no good at that," or "I am not that good", or what ever excuse we have for hiding and burying the talents you have given us. Help us to be faithful in all that you have given us. And help us to remember it is from you that we are given these talents, and it is to your glory we use them. Help us to be encouraging of those who are just beginning to discover their talents. Help us as the church to equip your saints to be able to use their talents. Amen

Link for the day; This is your Lent link for today. It is from the United Methodist Church and actually has several links to more info on Lent.

Want to use one of your lesser talents, come hammer a nail for Habitat for Humanity!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My sister in law who is not a blogger emailed me this one.

My challenge with talents is balancing them and/or knowing when and how to use them. Having many talents can get challenging; there's no way I can use them all to the full extent at any one time, so I have to pray constantly to ask God's guidance on this. And I have discovered that some talents are for a season. E.g., for a few years when we were in camp ministry, I did Christian mime/clowning and found it to be remarkably effective. I have no nudging or desire to use that gift now, though.

I pray that I will get done everything I think God has for me to do with my writing gift - and almost long for the day I can financially afford to make that my major goal. But in the meantime, I know that He is using other gifts of leadership, creativity, compassion, etc. -- along with some measure of writing - in my current job.

Thank you for using your writing and spiritual leadership gifts in these Thoughts for The Day.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home