Preaching to the Choir

These are some sermons, but mostly lectionary discussions. It also has prayers for some Sundays.

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Thought for Thursday


here is the thought for the day;

2/22/2007 Children and grandchildren are not only heirs to our possessions; They are also heirs to our values and character.

Scripture for the day: Romans 8:14 2 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a spirit of adoption, through which we cry, "Abba, 3 Father!" 16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.

Prayer for the day: Dear God, since I have had children, I felt this more impressed on my heart to teach them their true adoption. I want them to know that what they will inherit from being the heir of God is so much more than what they would ever inherit from me. I am not even a good teacher. But God my parents did their best to teach me about you and your great love for me. I want to do as much for my children. Lord I can imagine that that is the prayer from most of us, and so I pray that you would honor our prayers. And Lord for those who are not parents, may they bear witness to their adoption in you to all the children of the world. And Lord bear witness to each of us that we are your children of God. Amen

***********************************************************

I have been thinking about the links for Lent that I find helpful. I am not going to overwhelm with the links, but try to each day introduce a few.
I found these most recently

Ci Lent THINK, PRAY, ACT and TRANSFORM


Sacred Space Retreat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home